- The song was intially titled "Overlord", from the Operation Overlord which the song is about.
- Along with Panzer Battalion, this was the song that started the historical warfare lyrics theme for the band.
- Joakim and Pär decied to write lyrics about D-Day after watching "Saving Private Ryan".
- The song was included on the 3-Track Demo the band sent to record labels.
- The original demo version was released in 2010 on the Attero Dominatus (Re-Armed).
- Joakim said that he doesn't get tired from the song and the he'll probably never will. He doesn't mind playing it on reharsals despite being a different feeling from the energy and many great memories of the song when playing it live.
- In 2010/2011, the band released a strictly limited batch of t-shirts with the song (see the artwork on the right).
- On the 16th of August 2017, the band released official video for the song. It was directed by Zoran Bihać, who among others, directed Rammstein and Lindemann videos.
- The video promoted "Primo Victoria" Strv 81 tank for "World of Tanks" game that features Sabaton members as tank crew.
- Polish toy company "COBI" which specializes in buildings blocks, released licensed "Primo Victoria" tank from "World of Tanks" with band members.
Pär: "The whole idea, when we recorded the Primo Victoria album, was Joakim and I watching “Saving Private Ryan”, that’s where it started. After that, the history has kind of evolved; there was none at the beginning, but now there is one. It has awakened in me and I think that the same happened to Joakim as well."
Joakim: (...) this song has a big sound to it and we need a big subject so we decided to do a song about Doomsday. We did some research and all of a sudden writing lyrics wasn’t the necessary evil anymore. We decided maybe we should make an album about military history, we like it and luckily our fans like it.
Pär: "This is the reason why I quit work and decided that the band is my future. The other guys standing in the soundproof room with a microphone and I was running the recording studio at Abyss. And when we had recorded the first chorus I simply fell back from the chair since I was so blown away. It's still one of the strongest memories from all the years with the band. I knew we had created a song that would really take us somewhere, and it did!"
On the 6th of June 1944 Allied forces staged one of the greatest operations of WW2, this famous operation was a major turnpoint of the war nad marked the beginning of a victory. Hence the name: Primo Victoria. 
Operation Overlord, the code name for the Battle of Normandy by allied forces commenced 6th June, 1944. Allied infantry and armored divisions began landing on the coast of France at 06:30 and did not cease until 22:00. Combined forces from the United Kingdom, USA, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, France, Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, and Poland comprised the largest seaborne invasion in history, over 150,000 soldiers along as 60-mile stretch of coastline in less than 16 hours. The invasion began the liberation of northwestern Europe from Nazi control. The Germans had taken years to build the Atlantic Wall. At Omaha Beach, it held up the U.S. 29th and 1st Divisions for less than one day. At Gold Beach, Juno Beach, and Sword Beach, it held up the British 50th, the British 3rd, and the Canadian 3rd Divisions for about an hour. At Utah Beach, it held up the U.S. 4th Division for less than one hour. Fortress Europe had been breached. The largest amphibious operation in history was a success. “As our boat touched sand and the ramp went down, I became a visitor to hell. I shut everything out and concentrated on following the men in front of me down the ramp and into the water.” –Pfc. Harry Parley, 116th Infantry Regiment, US 29th Division, Omaha Beach. [Fan generated content by: Joe Arino]
Through the gates of hell