Live at the Front was supposed to be the first official live DVD release by Sabaton. It was supposed to be released in late February 2008.
- The concert was filmed during the Metalizing Europe Tour, on the 1st September, 2007.
- On the 13th February 2008, the band released the following statement on their website :
The Sabaton DVD, LIVE AT THE FRONT which were scheduled to be released late February has been postponed.
There are several reasons for this but the main cause is that the quality of the recording was not sufficient to release as a main feature as well as the collision with the making of the new album which required all attention of the band.
“We tried very hard to make a great DVD but with the material we had it was simply not possible. The entire recording & mixing were filled with a lot of problems including that our tourbus broke down in Germany which delayed us and prevented us to make all necessary preparations in Antwerp. This resulted in a product not as good as we want it to be! The show is still fantastic, crowd is amazing and everytime we see it we get tears in our eyes so we just cannot let it go to waste.”
But to make our first DVD a fullworthy Sabaton release we decided to make a new recording. This time in our hometown on Rockstad: Falun the 14:th of June where we have all necessary time to make preparations plus that the show will really be something special.
We will still keep all footage from Hof Ter Lo and all other bonusmaterial collected for this release and make it a really cool DVD to be released in the future. -A DVD that will be worthy the best fans in the world.
We hope you all will have understanding of this and that you, like we do, focus on the new Sabaton album.
- The DVD was cancelled, because of many reasons. The band's tourbus broke on the way from Germany to Belgium. The engine malfunctioned, the oil spilled and the band was fined three times by a passing by German police officer - for parking in the wrong place (despite the bus malfunction), for the oil spill that caused enviromental pollution, and for the firefighter brigade who had to clean up the oil. Sabaton arrived late at the Hof Ter Lo in the middle of the night, when they were supposed to be at noon the previous day. As it turned out after the recording, there was something wrong with the cameras. The keyboard player and the drummer weren't present in any of the filmed footage. The cameras on the ceiling, that were supposed to film Daniel Mÿhr and Daniel Mullback had their lenses covered, because no one of the camera crew thought about raising the mobile lamp for the lights.
- The March to War
- Panzer Battalion
- In The Name Of God
- Rise Of Evil
- Into The Fire
- Attero Dominatus
- Purple Heart
- Hail to the King
- Back In Control
- Masters of the World
- Light In The Black
- Primo Victoria
- Metal Medley (Machine/Metal Crüe)
- Pär Sundström - Bass
- Joakim Brodén - Vocals
- Rikard Sundén - Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Oskar Montelius - Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Daniel Mullback - Drums, Backing Vocals
- Daniel Mÿhr - Keyboards, Backing Vocals